Editor's note- before Nicole won the title of Miss Washington in her home state, she served her college community as Miss City of Orange!
Something about the cold weather and the leaves changing makes me want to roast up some cinnamon apples and throw pumpkin in every single meal I make.
Luckily, pumpkin, cinnamon AND apples are healthy for you so load up your bowl and cozy on up to the fireplace. Fun little fact about cinnamon: Cinnamon actually helps you digest carbs better so I always throw some in with my oats whenever I’m making oatmeal.
In Washington we are known for our apples and around this time of year they are so crisp and juicy and perfect for a snack. My favorite is Honey Crisp and I chunk them up, coat them in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg then sauté them in coconut oil making the most scrumptious oatmeal topping, yogurt add in or sometimes I just eat them plain with some Almond Butter! This time I threw them in my oatmeal to give it the sweetness it needed.
I’ve had this recipe on repeat all month because it’s so simple, takes less than 5 minutes and so incredibly delicious. It also makes for a super cute Instagram photo and lets be honest, we all want that photo for the grid right?!
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you… Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oats!
- 1/3 cup GF or regular oats
- 1/2 cup Silk Cashew Milk (or almond or regular)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin Puree
- couple shakes of cinnamon
- little dash of chia seeds (optional, but why not?!)
- 1/2 honey crisp apple
- 1 heaping scoop of Crazy Richard’s Chunky Peanut Butter (THE BEST EVA)
- an iPhone or other mobile device for taking pics (don’t forget to tag me;)
1. Combine oats, milk and pumpkin in a mug or bowl and microwave for 1.5-2 minutes.
2. Stir in cinnamon and chia seeds.
3. Top with chopped apple and one blob of Crazy Richard’s Chunky Peanut Butter
4. Take a beautiful pic of it with your phone and tag me on instagram using #DoStuff!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you do, let me know!! I have tons of other yummy pumpkin recipes on my #DoStuff blog www.dostuffblog.wordpress.com so check it out if you have a second and subscribe so you can get recipes and inspiration right in your inbox!